A different experience
Alma House is a lovely Victorian building, filled with an eclectic mix of art, providing warm and comfortable accommodation within easy reach of Newbury town centre with its cinema, theatre, many bars and restaurants.
- 2 minute walk to Waitrose supermarket
- 4 minute walk to the nearest restaurant
- 7 minute walk to the town centre
- 7 minute walk to the Vodafone shuttle bus stop
- 5 minute drive to the M4 motorway
- 20 minute walk to Vodafone headquarters (part of it is a beautiful riverside walk)
We have double rooms available to rent for short or long-term lets.
All the rooms are upstairs so are not suitable for anyone with limited mobility.
Beautifully decorated, each room has:
- FREE superfast wifi
- A Smart TV
- A double pine bed
- Armchair, pine desk and chair
- Washbasin, shaver point and hairdryer
- Black out blinds
- A full-size fan is available for each room if required
- Hot drink facilities and their own fridge
- Body wash, shampoo and conditioner are provided in the shower
There is limited parking on our drive, however there is well-lit on-street parking 2 minutes walk from the house.
There is shared use of 3 toilets, power shower and separate bathroom with original cast-iron bath for relaxing after a hard day’s work. Bathrobes and towels are provided.
You can help yourself to a continental style breakfast of porridge pots, grapefruit, toast, cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurts, with tea, coffee and juice. There is a microwave for use in the evening with condiments provided.
We would like to point out that Alma House is strictly non-smoking and for the ladies, we would be grateful if you could avoid wearing stilettos or sharp-heeled shoes inside as they cause serious damage to the stripped pine floors.
For each of the double rooms:
- Single occupancy (1 night only) - £59 per night
- Single occupancy (2 or more nights) - £50 per night
- Double occupancy - £59 for one or more nights
Payments on arrival please, by cash or cheque with a banker's card only. No credit cards accepted. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice for changes or cancellations to bookings, otherwise the full room rate may be charged.
If you would like to come and look around, please click here to contact us or call Dermot on 07785 708787.